Monday, March 3, 2014

Little Celebrations: Golden Princess Party

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I plan to include all of my passions in this blog, so today I introduce you to "Little Celebrations", which is a category devoted to kids themed parties. Anybody who knows me knows how much I love throwing parties. I throw a Christmas party every year, and jump at the chance to host showers for my dear friends and family. This past year I had the opportunity to throw my very first kids party.... Stella's First Birthday Party. I had the most amazing time researching different ideas, and gathering decorations for her "Under the Sea" Soirée.

I am often asked why I don't get into the party planning business, and the truth is I would love to! Before I started this blog, I was researching different ideas to start my own business. It got put on the back burner mostly due to budgetary reasons, so this is my new way of sharing my love and passion for parties. I hope you will enjoy this category on the blog, and that it gives you ideas and inspiration for all the sweet "little celebrations" in your life. 

Currently I am obsessed with all things pink and gold. I love this color combo so much, that I think it's the PERFECT theme for a little girls birthday party. Any girly girl loves pink, and by mixing gold, you add a little glitz and glam. Add little gold crown details and you have a "Golden Princess Party". 


1. Cake (Pinterest) Featured in ruffledblog.com
2. (Sparkle in the City) Banner Birdie Baby Boutique
3. Lollipop Favors Sweet Caroline Confect
4. Gold Fringe Noisemakers Steph Shives Studio
5. Gold Embellished Macaroons Sweet and Saucy Shop (photography Love Ala) 
6. Double Peplum Dress  Sugarplum Lane Boutique
7. Pink Sugar Straw Set Modern Mandy Shop
8) Felt Birthday Crown Little Blue Olive

As for the round up I found this gorgeous pink ruffled cake on Pinterest that had the sweetest little sparkly gold heart toppers. This cake was actually used for a wedding, so if you are looking for something a little less extravagant you could bake cupcakes and use a pretty pink buttercream frosting. Buy these glittery princess crown toppers on Etsy to stick in your homemade cupcakes. These toppers come in a set of 20, and will only set you back $7.08.



Birdie Baby Boutique outdid herself this time with her (Sparkle in the City Banner). This would make a gorgeous decoration for a party. I would use this at a dessert table where you place your cake, drinks, and other treats. Get even more use out of it by having your child's photo taken for the party and using the banner as a backdrop. Use the photos to create a personalized invitation, and buy some frames to use the prints as decorations. Its so gorgeous, You can even use it after the party and hang the banner above a dresser in your child's room.  Another great decoration to add to the party are these gold fringe noise makers from Steph Shives Studio. What a glamorous way to celebrate! 

For the sweets table I highly recommend Sweet and Saucy Shop in Long Beach, CA if you are a so cal native. Their macaroons are to die for, and they pretty much can make them any color you can come up with. These macaroons with gold glitter embellishments are sure to make a statement at your party that is both beautiful and tasty! For favors I love these lollipops from Sweet Caroline confect.  Adding a little thank you note to each lollipop also adds a nice touch that won't cost very much! 



Obviously the most important detail to any party is the guest of honors outfit! (Atleast in my opinion). Sugarplum Lane Boutique is full of gold deliciousness, so when I was putting together this inspiration board I immediately thought of her shop. This beautiful double peplum dress has a gorgeous gold embellished Peter Pan collar and a gold bow snap on belt. You can order in newborn to size 10 -12 girls, so this party outfit is for many different age ranges. Pair with a cute pair of gold shoes and the Little Blue Olive Party Crown, and the birthday girl is ready to celebrate. See Blog Post: "Shop Spotlight: Little Blue Olive) for more information on these gorgeous party hats! 


I hope you all enjoyed our first of many party posts!!

Yours truly,
Melissa 


1 comment:

  1. Entertainment Emporium have been dazzling families all over the country for 10 years now with their amazing array of children’s party entertainment, and they are proud to say they can deliver a party to satisfy the wildest of imaginations.

    princess parties

    ReplyDelete