Sunday, January 19, 2014

Beach Bound Babes : Part 2 Surf

Growing up in Southern California I have always been surrounded by "surf" style, and embraced it as part of my own style. Every summer when I was younger,  most of my days were spent laying out on the beach, shopping on Main Street, and hanging out with friends at bonfires in Huntington Beach (also known as surf city USA). When I think of surf style I think of cutoff shorts, bohemian blouses, maxi dresses, vintage patterns, flip flops, and in one word, effortless.

Whether you live in Southern California and have worn Roxy or Quiksilver all your life, or you live in Nebraska and are headed to Hawaii for vacation, my go to guide will make it easy for your littles to chill out, relax, and put their toes in the sand, and look great while doing it. 


1. Carters 2. Peek Kids 3. Tiny Bandits 4. Carters 5. Tastefully Mismatched
6. Carters 7. Carters 8. Wildfox Kids 9. Roxy

After shopping different sites for hours, and started to edit my board, I started to notice a theme. I was drawn to this beautiful and subtly bright color palette of coral, aqua, and neutrals. These colors remind me of surf style, because they are bright without being loud, and reminiscent of the ocean, sunset, and sand.

Carters, surprisingly, beat out other popular surf brands when I was editing my board. Since four of their items made it to my favorites,  I'm going to start with all things Carters.  The board shorts for toddler boys, and baby boys are so rad! The color blocked colors look a little washed and worn for that easy going "surf" style appeal. You can nab these for just $21 right now, as they are having a pretty awesome sale for MLK weekend.

Next on the Carters line up is this mini fedora for little bettys. Keep the sun out of their eyes with this stylish braided fedora hat, that has the cutest girly ribbon detail. If you check out their website they also have some fedoras for your little dudes as well.

Next up are these super cool orange flip flops with waves on the feet. I love that they have a heel closure, because for your newest walkers, flip flops are a little difficult to walk in, and you want your little bros to be able to run around and have a good time, just look good while doing so. Right now you can grab these flip flops and another pair for just $6! That's right, you heard me correctly, two pairs of sandals for $6, making them $3 each! I know you budget watching moms will appreciate that one.

Rounding up the Carters finds is this ruffle detailed tankini. I absolutely adore this ocean print with the soft coral, aqua, and yellow hues. Your little bra will look adorable splashing around the coastline in this number. Sized for toddler girls and babies, and also included in Carters MLK sale. You can shop their swimwear collections now at (www.carters.com/ )

If you have been reading my blog, you might see that a lot of my favorites come from peek kids. This line was co founded by a mom of three, who exclusively sold the collection through her own website and boutique shops, until 2010, when the line announced its partnership with Nordstrom, where you can now also shop the collection.  The quality of peek kids is kids is fantastic, and I particularly love their tees! Most tees will start to fade after wash, and tend to become stiff. All of Stella's tees from Peek have lasted for months, and keep their original color, and softness. This surf tee you can pick up right now in their baby sale section. Other surf tees and thermals to note include "hanging loose", "in surf we trust", and "dude" located in the boys section on their website (www.peekkids.com)

Can we just stop for a second, and swoon over these wood Sunnies from Tiny Bandits, seriously DYING! I came across this shop the other day when I was shopping for deals on brickyard buffalo (an online pop up market that showcases individual companies, and their freshest items). These Sunnies from from Tiny Bandits are the coolest accessory for your little surfer dude. These real wood frames remind me of the iconic surf car, a Woody! They come in the mirrored blue lens for your bolder little guys,  or a brown lens if your prefer a more neutral tone. Check them out now at (www.tinybandits.com).

Anybody who knows me, knows I'm a fanatic for shopping on etsy. During my wedding planning days, I found the coolest unique details to add to the decor, and when I found out I was pregnant, it became a serious obsession. The other day, when I was checking out etsy for surf style finds this " Whatever Dude" banner popped up on my home page, and I just had to include it! Maybe your little ones birthday is coming up this summer, and you are planning a surf side soirĂ©e, or your littles room
is full of "surf" style, this banner is the coolest little decoration. The shop on Etsy is called Tastefully Mismatched, where they make felt banners with the coolest slangs. From "Hey Pretty Lady", to "Lets Get Crazy" this shop has plenty of creative banners to choose from.

For you stylish moms who love Wildfox, there is now a Wildfox selection for your mini me. You can shop the collection at many different retail stores such as Saks, Kitson, and Bloomingdales. This tee I found on Nordstrom's website (www.nordstrom.com). This 70s heart tee is perfect for your little girl to wear while she is taking a stroll on the pier, and taking in some sunshine. Comes in "big girl" sizes, and in yellow as well as this "rosy cheeks" color.

Every beach babe needs a good pair of cut off shorts. These Roxy cutoffs are a great cover up for your teeny wahine to wear over their swimsuit. Roxy is known for their fantastic beach style, and surf trends, so if you are looking for more surf style for your ladies definitely check out their selection of flip flops, maxi dresses, and board shorts. (Www.roxy.com) 

I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful three day weekend.

Aloha loves!

Yours truly,
Melissa 




1 comment:

  1. Awesome job Melissa,I do love the banner Whatever Dude.Suzie



    ReplyDelete