Monday, February 17, 2014

Little Digs: Stella's "Garden" Themed Room

When I started this blog, I knew I wanted to share all my passions. Fashion is of course my trade, and what I am professionally trained in, however I am extremely passionate about two other things: interior design and party planning. Today is our first interior design post, so I thought I would start with a room I actually designed, Stella's room. 

When I found out I was having a girl, I was beyond thrilled.I knew I wanted her room to be pink, and full of all things girly! When designing her room, I came up with a garden-themed nursery deriving from her name. Stella is named after my husband's Grandmother Stella, and Rose for my Grandmother Rose. My Grandma Rose was a beautiful woman, who was always dressed in skirts, heels, and pearls, and lived in a pink house. So, naturally we painted her room pink, with "rose" details such as her rose encrusted lamp.

 Stella's name is also derived from my favorite fashion designer Stella McCartney. (Again, I'm seriously obsessed with all things British).  When Stella McCartney is not sending down her amazing designs down the runway, her and her husband tend to their English Garden that surround their property. This inspired me to create a garden oasis in Stella's room, full of flowers, "greenery", birds, and butterflies. I even added sweet vintage inspired dolls that look like they are having a fabulous English Tea Party.




















Many of Stellas pieces incorporated in her room are from Pottery Barn Kids. Some of these pieces are no longer available, so I have created a round up of items from their current shop, to help you get the "Garden" look. 



A child's room is where memories are made and imaginations grow. It should be a place that is magical, yet comforting. Let it reflect their personality, and fill it with love. 

I hope you have enjoyed this peek into Stella's room. I thought it only natural to share her room, as we add interior design ideas.  I'm so excited to add "Little Digs" as a category on the blog, that will be featured every other week. Stay tuned! 

Yours Truly, 
Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment