Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Little Celebrations: Under the Sea

So we are officially just two months away from celebrating Stella's second birthday. We took her second birthday photos yesterday, which had me feeling a little emotional. The time seems to be passing at warp speed. As many of you know I love planning parties, so putting together a sweet little celebration for Stella is definitely one of the most fun things I get to do as her mom. 

Last year the theme of Stella's birthday was "Under the Sea". I used classic mermaid colors of lavender and aqua as the color scheme, then  added seashells, sand, and fishing nets to create the sea like atmosphere. With Stella's party being in the middle of summer, we encouraged guests to bring their swimsuits to take a dip in the pool with the mermaids. I also set up water tables and little kiddie pools for the kids. 

For the sweets table I looked for candy and baked goods that resemble all the things we love about the sea. Cake pops that resemble octopus, gummy sharks, seashell shaped cookies, and salt water taffy, kept our friends sweet tooth happy. The center of the sweets table was a mermaid inspired two tiered cake covered in mermaid scales. It was beyond tasty too! 

For the tables I framed pictures from Stella's cake smash photo shoot to use as center pieces. I tied rope twine around mason jars, and added sand and seashells into the jars. Each table featured orchids, and a fish plate full of lifesaver candy. I found all of these touches at Home Goods! Anybody looking to put together a beach/ mermaid party this summer you must check out Home goods. I couldn't believe all the perfect under the sea decorations they had. 

For party favors I bought sand buckets and filled them with goodies, such as personalized mermaid coloring pages, and mermaid wands for the girls. I found letter stickers at Michaels and personalized each bucket. Probably my favorite decoration at the party was this oversized octopus plush I found at Pottery Barn Kids.  The kids took it down and had a blast playing with it. 

You can find all the vendor credits we used at the bottom of the page. We did a lot of shopping on Etsy, and had the best experience with all the vendors. Great communication, and fantastic homemade products! 

I feel like this was just yesterday. Where does the time go.... 


















Vendor Credits: 
Cake, Octopops & Seashell Cookies Tinseltown Cupcakes | Macaroons Sweet and Saucy Shop
Personalized Coloring pages Sugar pie Studio |  Menu Cards A Petit SoirĂ©e | 
Fish Confetti Foolish Worker Bee | High Chair Bunting  JP Pink Daisy | 
Stella Banner Little Pink Tractor | Birthday Hat Prop Shop Boutique | 
Smash cake Bunting Hartranftdesign | Mermaid Napkins A Southern Flair |  
Paper Goods The Party Fairy | Mermaid Wands Ella Jace Crafts  | Favor Tags Scrap Your Story | Stuffed Octopus & Mermaid Sign Pottery Barn Kids

Yours truly,
Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment