Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Picasso Pumpkins

Let me just start by saying this is not a Pinterest worthy craft. I'm telling you right now there is not a crafty bone in my body, and I much prefer to save myself the time and buy these beautiful masterpieces you crafty people whip up. One thing I do love about crafts is the experience of it all. One of Stella's favorite things to do right now is color, so I thought it would be fun to attempt pumpkin painting this fall.

I bought the washable paint from Michaels, (which is less messy, yet takes forever to dry), some cheap pumpkins at Trader Joe's, and a disposable spider web tablecloth from Target, and we were all set for a fun filled evening.










It was the cutest thing to watch Stella's face as we painted. She would ask for each color to be poured on the plate, and painted with such intense concentration. We sat in the backyard, ate some candy corn, and painted our pumpkin masterpieces for close to two hours. This was definitely the easiest, and most fun, of all the crafts we have attempted.




Even our bulldog got in on the pumpkin fun! 




This is a must do for all parents with toddlers this Halloween! Of course I can't break tradition, and pumpkin carving is next, but this is definitely a new tradition we are adding to our calendar every fall.

Fashion Credits:
Witch Hat Headband (Last years design, but they have a super cute one this year too!) 

Tee & Leggings : Carters

Yours truly,
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment